If you wish to seek British citizenship, you need to contact an immigration law firm about the process. It is easier to seek legal help, especially if you want to make sure that there are no delays. By becoming a British citizen, you can enjoy the following advantages:
- Reside permanently in the UK
- Enjoy access to free medical care
- Travel worldwide with a British passport
- Enjoy a secure and stable economy
Obtaining Immigration Assistance
When speaking to immigration lawyers in Leeds, they will assess your individual situation. Some of the myriad of services includes the following:
- Handling British citizenship/nationality applications
- Processing entry clearance applications for spouses and dependents
- Providing services for U.S. businesses and obtaining the proper certificates for sponsorship
- Assisting with marriage applications
Meeting the Criteria
If you apply as a British citizen through naturalisation, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be over the age of 18 years old
- Show that you are of good character and have not committed immigration fraud or a serious crime
- Meet the language requirements for English
- Pass a “Life in the UK” test
In addition to the above prerequisites, you should also show that
- You have resided in the UK for the past five years with no absence being over 450 days.
- You have been granted a leave to stay in the UK for at least a year.
- You have only travelled outside the UK for up to 90 days in the last year.
Talk to an immigration lawyer today to make sure that all your immigration questions and needs are met.